۱۳۸۷ فروردین ۸, پنجشنبه

Priorities

To make a reasonable choice for voting, we have to first determine what are our priorities and what are the most important plans we expect the politicians to carry out.
From any perspective I look, my first priority is stability and then economic growth. Of course, stability is a pre-requisite for both economic and scientific sustainable development.
As a result, I would not vote for any radical candidate whose controversial policies might stir turmoil. I will vote to candidates that tend to give firm plans rather than disclose the misdeeds of their rivals even if they are right about their claims.
As far as disclosing family and personal scandals are concerned, I believe nobody's personal life is my business! About financial scandals, I still think such kind of revelation is more destructive than preventive. What is the outcome of all these revelations?! Experience shows that the "big" heads will transfer their money to Swiss banks and only minor accomplices receive punishments. In the process, the subsequent instability deteriorates the economy.
Such kind of revelations are also harmful from the political perspective. A politician must be a master of compromise. S/he should compromise with anybody who wields power to meet demands of the citizens who have voted for her/him.
So I will vote for someone who although herself/himself from financial point of view is fairly decent but is willing to compromise with all wo/men of power and capital.
Perhaps, what I am saying sounds like a surprize to those who know me in person , because I am an individual who very hardly compromises, even if that means I will lose many privileges. But this is as far as all is at stake is my own personal privileges. If I am in a situation that my decision might put some other individual's privileges at risk, I certainly reconsider being stubborn.
It is not just politics. When you assume some responsibilty, even as small as the chairmanship of a science department, that involves other people, you do not have the luxury to boast " I never compromise
You are a failure if you don't and your failure makes others suffer.

۲ نظر:

منجوق گفت...

I should emphasize that being a master of compromise" is quite different from being a coward or a weak person who gives in at any confrontation.

A master of compromise should figure out first what are the priorities. On what issues, he/she should insist and on what issues s/he can compromise. Moreover s/he has to assign a reasonable price to those items on which compromise can be made. A master of compromise will not pay more than that price in his/her transactions.

The first step to be a master of compromise is not to feud people of power by revealing their misdeeds in public, making stupid offensive jokes and ....

But this is just the first step! Being a master of compromise takes more inteligence than being stubborn


I am writing this with the hope that among the next generation of physicists, some masters of compomise will be trained that can go and lobby for the benefit of the community.

I myself will never be a master of compromise It is not in my blood! But among the younger ones I see many who have the talent to be one. Work on your talents.There is no shame to be a master of compromise Your talents are needed!

ناشناس گفت...

koskhol hame tabrike eid minvisan akse sofre 7sin mizaran hala to jafang benvis baz