۱۳۸۶ اسفند ۲۹, چهارشنبه

Back in my time...

Although in the early years after revolution and during Khatami's term in office, atmosphere of the universities in Iran was extremely politics-oriented and politically polarized, in the first half of 70's (right before Khatami elected for presidency) political apathy prevailed in universities.
When I entered Sharif Univ. most of my colleauges were more indifferent about politics than they are now. In those years, I read a book on the history of the constitutional movement (Engelaab-e mashroote) and became aware that how much sacrifice has been made to make the vote a possibility, I started to believe that ignoring this right is a sort of ingratefulness to those men and women who have put everything they possessed at risk to make this happen.We are taught not to throw away even smallest fragments of bread. Of course, we know that small parts of bread will not solve the food crisis in the world. But, bread is a symbol of blessing and has to be respected. Symbols are important! For me, my vote holds the same place of honour as fragments of bread do. I would have been particular about storing the fragements of bread even if, while I had only bare bread for dinner, the rest of the world were enjoying lobster and caviar.
Please don't get me wrong. I am not suggesting voting is a religious or even patriotic duty.
For me voting is completely a personal choice. For me, voting is a symbol and symbols are important! I emphasize again that I am not trying to convince anybody to vote. Otherwise, I would have chosen a different wording! I am just expressing my personal opinion.


As I mentioned in the beginning of the present post, the indifferent mindset of early 70's passed and was replaced by politics-dominated atmosphere of after the "dovvom-e khordaad" era. It is likely that the present phase will also pass and lead to another politically polarized period. Learning each other's opinions on politics in a cool atmosphere can make us immune against potential clashes in a heated one.

۷ نظر:

ناشناس گفت...

موج خوش‌بینیِ پس از دومِ خرداد خیلی وقت است که گذشته است. می‌توان دربارهٔ علت آن بحث کرد و وزن علت‌های مختلف (مانند بی‌عملی خاتمی و اصلاح‌طلبان و یا عدم انعطاف ساختار سیاسی و ...) را به بحث گذاشت، اما یک واقعیت مشخص است: آن موج خیلی وقت است که گذشته است.

ناشناس گفت...

دربارهٔ کل این وبلاگ یک پیشنهاد دارم: بهتر است بحث‌های مربوط به فیزیک و تحقیقِ علمی در ایران را از نوشته‌های پراکندهٔ دیگر جدا کنید. برای مثال یک وبلاگ دیگر برای نوشته‌های غیرفیزیکیِ خود باز کنید (و لینکش را اینجا بگذارید) و این وبلاگ را به شکل یک وبلاگ گروهی دربارهٔ فیزیک و یا فیزیک‌پیشگی در ایران نگه دارید. این پیشنهاد تنها برای نظم بیشتر و کمک به خواننده است (نه برای مخالفت با نوشته‌های شما). البته صلاح ممکلت خویش خسروان دانند :-)

یاور (کامنت پیشین هم از من بود)

ناشناس گفت...

در مورد کامنت اول، بد نیست توضیح دهم که منظورم تنها خوش‌بینیِ سیاسی است که گذشته است. در مقابل، از نظر اقتصادی، در ۸ سال اخیر (مستقل از آنکه دولت دستِ که باشد) میانگین درآمد ایرانیان بسیار بهتر شده (به لطف همان نفتی که تحصیل‌کردگان ایرانی در هنگام بحث‌های روشنفکرانه مشکلات ایران را به گردنِ آن می‌اندازند).

یاور

ناشناس گفت...

تا یادم نرفته: سالِ نو مبارک.

منجوق گفت...

Dear Yaavar,
About categorizing the weblog I must think and consult the rest of my co-authors
But about the oil, I completely agree with you!
Those who blame every prolem on oil fail to see what is happening in our neighboring countries that are not blessed with oil. Neither they remind themselves of famine and widespread poverty before oil was nationalized in Iran.
In my present post, I have talked about heroes of constitutional movement. Now that you mentioned oil, it is timely to pay homage also to the heroes of the movement of the nationalization of oil. The latter would not be possible without the former. As we all know constitutional movement, after a while, was kidnapped by anglophile feudals that did not let our country to prosper and make progress. But still after 50 years it bore fruit and made nationalistic movement a success. That is why I believe even an imperfect democracy is better than none.

Happy new year to you, too!

ناشناس گفت...

منجوق عزيز سال نو مبارک. سال نو بر نويسندگان ديگر هم وردا هم مبارک. سالي که گذشت با نوشته‌هاي منجوق خوشمزه‌تر بود. اميدوارم باز هم همينطور باشه

منجوق گفت...

Salaam Chapkook jaan,
Happy new year to you, again!

Reading Chapkook's blog is one of pleasures of my life!